Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 5, 2018

CtBF ~ MPK ~ Duck Fat Potatoes

Well, what can I say... there is a vast difference using duck fat to fry the spud!  I used sweet potatoes instead of white.  Interesting, crunchy and firmed the steamed sweet potatoes I used!
Paired with pan fried Kurau fish, and a mixed salad with quinoa.
 
A light dinner for one, me!
~*~
are cooking from My Paris Kitchen, David Lebovitz's latest book.
Duck Fat Potatoes ~ Recipe from pages 220-221
***
A Big Thank You to KatieBetsy and Mary
for putting everything into order and making it happen!
***
my collection of David's books:
***
Do check out CtBF and see the results of our members
Note: We do not publish recipes at CtBF,
but certain recipe links are available at Amazon,
better still - get the book, and join us at CtBF.
~*~
I am also sharing this Friday's MPK recipe at Cookbook Countdown #24!

I am co-hosting Cookbook Countdown together with Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.  If you are like, who love to collect cookbooks and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that.  Join us at Cookbook Countdown! 

4 comments:

Mary Hirsch said...

(Thank you, Mardi, for posting before I got to it.) Happy New Year, Emily. Your idea about using sweet potatoes is a good one since I usually have them on hand. Not so, the whites. I am not familiar with Karau. That's why I like your posts - with new foods or techniques. each time. I made my second batch of confit and made the fried potatoes as my side. Will post next Friday. I am glad that because of David and Dorie that I am reminded how delicious duck is

kitchen flavours said...

Looks delicious! Where did you get the duck fat? I once saw it at Ben's Grocer. I have not tried cooking with duck fat before.

Anonymous said...

Your potatoes look delicious! Love the idea of using sweet potatoes, I bet they were fabulous!!

Zosia said...

I want what your having. I particularly like the idea of duck fat sweet potatoes...maybe I can finally get the carnivores to eat them!